One of the essential characteristics of a generator set is that it ensures a rapid response at critical moments – actually, this is its reason for being. However, when the supply is for a hospital, the energy solution must always go one step further: there can be no margin for error since many lives depend on its correct operation.
The Genesal Energy range of generator sets for hospitals meets the demanding conditions of a sector as complex and sensitive as the health sector, where we have carried out several projects at a national and international level.
Nowadays, the UK is one of our best markets. Our British customers have relied on Genesal Energy when it comes to provide them with European quality generator sets to guarantee the electricity supply in their hospitals and health centers. This country counts on very strict energy regulations, especially when talking about the health sector, and at Genesal we are aware of all those specific requirements.
Among the latest projects we have carried out in the UK, there are two that stand out: one for a cancer treatment center, and another for one of the leading hospitals in the north of the country. In both cases, we designed tailor-made solutions as per the client’s specific needs, resulting in two super soundproofed, high-precision generator sets.
1. Cancer centre
For the oncology center we supplied a 250 kVA generator set ready to work in parallel, guaranteeing a 100% load in seconds and, therefore, continuous patient care, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Given the characteristics of the hospital complex, the equipment required maximum reliability in order to guarantee the continuous supply of high-precision diagnostic and treatment equipment, such as radiology equipment.
- 450 L base frame integrated fuel tank including a collection tray with capacity to collect 110% the capacity of the actual fuel tank.
- Parallel with mains operation (non-zero crossing) and motorized four-pole circuit breaker.
- Expansion module that provides 8 additional outputs to the control panel.
- Upper air outlet.
- Completely customized link box, designed according to the size, type and number of cables to be connected up to the genset by the client.
2. Hospital centre
In this case, our aim was to find the most suitable solution to guarantee the continuity of the energy supply in operating rooms, hospitalization floors and other health areas of the hospital in the event of a possible mains failure. Our engineers opted for a 500/550 kVA generator set with the following features:
- Deep Sea 7310 control and operation panel.
- DSE 2157 module (alarm expansión).
- Cable link box, designed according to the size, type and number of cables to be connected up to the genset by the client. Auxiliary services (auxiliary voltage to supply charger and heating, interconnection signals) included the link box to ease the access to cables as the customer does not need to access the generator’s control panel.
- Rain gutters above all doors.
- Protection mesh against the entrance of animals.
- 730 L base frame integrated fuel tank including a collection tray with capacity to collect 110% the capacity of the actual fuel tank.