Electricity demand in Mexico grows at a rythm of 3% a year and in the solar power sector, the development of solar plants in the country increases year by year, generating investments of millions and thousands of jobs. It’s no surprise that Mexico is one of the ten countries with the largest investment in clean energy of the whole planet and when it comes to power efficiency, it’s amongst the leading countries in Latin America.
The photovoltaic plant is a modern facility with capacity to generate 200 MW, which contains a booster substation, of medium voltage network, and two high voltage evacuation lines, both of 230 kVA.
We participated in the project through the manufacture and supply of three special generator sets, one of 250 kVA and two of 100 kVA. Each one of them was developed following state specifications and norms, an official certification which grants only few foreign companies the possibility to work on great governmental projects in Mexico.
The generator sets were designed in order to guarantee power supply if ever a mains failure were to happen and to operate as a back up for the booster and switching substations, in compliance with the client’s specifications.
- Baseframe fuel tank for 12 hours autonomy at full load.
- PTC´s in control panel.
- Double-walled (steel – polyethylene) 600L external fuel tank pared for 8 hours autonomy at full load.
- DNP 3.0 communication protocol for connection with SCADA system.
- Inspection of FAT procedure by third party (BV).
- Spare parts according to CFE specifications.
- Electronic speed regulator.
- 24V starting system.
- Paint and painting procedure according to CFE specifications.
- Canopy interior lighting.
- Panel space heaters and thermostat.
- Prepared for external start-up command.
- Heating resistors in windings.
- Analog excitation voltmeter and ammeter.