Emergency power to guarantee security in a Data Centre in Madrid
One of our latest ‘turnkey’ orders has been the delivery, set-up and installation of two 1.250 kVA gensets, model GEN 1250T, for a data centre in Madrid.
Data Centres or Data Processing Centres (DPCs) are specially designed environments which house complex and modern computer equipment, from computers to storage or network systems. They are facilities in which any electrical failure is a catastrophe as these types of instances can paralyze companies and risk the great amount of information they manage. For this reason, generator sets are vital in Data Centres as the service they provide must be continuous, without interruption.
In this case, we designed two special gensets for our client with the goal of adapting them to the data centre. Both have special base frames which fit into the very same structure that held the previous units, which were already almost 20 years old and obsolete. The gensets were, therefore, tailor-made. At Genesal Energy we took care of all bureaucratic procedures (Municipal procedures, street cut-offs…), as well as all loading and unloading works.
Besides, the gensets were transported to and installed in the building, causing the least possible impact in the area, which is why these tasks were carried out during two consecutive Sundays: the dismounting of the old units and set up of the new ones.
- Parallel operation between the units.
- 2000A motorized genset breakers.
- Level sensors in the genset’s fuel tank for the management of the external fuel transfer system.
- Modbus RS-232/485 communication module.
- Remote alarms in the form of dry contacts.
- Engine cooling liquid recirculation and heating system to provide the correct temperature at start-up.
- Spring type Silemblocks underneath the unit’s baseframe along with the engine-alternator assembly’s anti-vibration mounts to achieve a greater insulation.